We are recruiting Ski Patrols
Hello CNSC members! We are recruiting Ski Patrols for the upcoming 2012/13 season! The ski patrols help to keep everyone safe while skiing and respond to any First Aid situations. The CNSC also relies on Ski Patrols to provide first aid at the Jack Rabbits program and all race events!
Why would you want to join the ski patrol?? Here are some good reasons:
1) You will receive excellent first aid training from the Canadian Ski Patrol Service (CSPS)
2) The ski patrol training costs ($200) will be reimbursed by the Caledonia Nordic Ski Club
3) You will be trained to drive the snowmobile and use a hand-held radio!
4) You will be part of an exclusive small group of CNSC members who like wearing yellow!
5) You will be invited to all of the events held at the club throughout the season; CNSC Loppet, Ice Man, Canada and BC Cup events and all Jack Rabbit sessions
6) You will get into great shape, skiing around the trails and volunteering at the same time!
7) You will be able to eat free cookies and juice after Jack Rabbits sessions!
8) You will be entered to win many cool draw prizes at all of the events!
We all have very busy lives, so you are probably wondering what amount of time commitment is required. We are hoping to recruit a team of 10 Ski Patrols to cover all of the race events, Jack Rabbits sessions as well as peak times during the weekends. This recruitment will be on a first come, first serve basis for those who are willing to commit for the full season. We are expecting an average time commitment of 3-4 hours per week with the exception of some of the larger events that happen on some of the weekends (Iceman, Loppet, BC Cup, etc). There are several duties that need to be completed every week that we will share amongst ourselves. Our Ski Patrol leader Chris Bailey and his assistant Martha Shoemaker will be organizing the CSPS training and the club program.
Being part of the CNSC Ski Patrol is a great way to learn new skills, get in shape and give some volunteer time to the club. If you are interested, or know anyone else who is, please contact us as soon as possible if you have any questions (CNSC.CSPS@gmail.com) as the training starts in early September!