Interested in learning about how to get involved in backcountry travel? Unsure of where to start or what you need? We can help! We have invited three knowledgeable outdoor backcounrty instructors to help shed some light on three key subjects to help get you started.
Sunday April 28 from 1pm to 4pm: Gear and Equipment
Sunday May 5 from 1pm to 4pm: Creating Dehydrated Meals
Sunday May 12 from 1pm to 4pm: Navigation
Sign up for individual sessions or sign up for all three!
Say goodbye to food fatigue forever! Attend our dehydration course and learn:
1) How to dehydrate fruits, vegetables, meats, and other ingredients for producing amazing near-instant meals anywhere.
2) Common pitfalls are detailed, along with easy tips to help ensure success. Learn about storage, shelf life, dehydration decision making, as well as what ti buy and why.
3) Learn how to convert fresh recipes to use your dehydrated products so you can personalize your recipe collection and take your favourites on the trail.
4) Receive five star tested recipes from various sources and information on where and how to find more amazing recipes.
5) Working in groups, create or sample more than ten trail-friendly breakfasts, soups, and dinners sure to satiate the appetite.
About the instructor:
Chris and Shauna Terai have dehydrated several thousand pounds of food products, sampling and using them in hikes across BC. Their primary approach to dehydrated meals involves tried and true bases for virtually limitless variety of meals. All products produced in this course are gluten free, dairy free, and most can be further adapted to meet other dietary requirements.